Friday, February 4, 2011

Glory to God.....

A row of semis stopped on our corner.

Our walk from the house to Yanamayo.

In my last post I asked for prayer that Franci and I would make it out to Yanamayo to visit with Ana even though there was a strike and literally no transportation. I also asked for prayer that Ana would be home and available to meet with us as I really feel the first visit is the most important.
.
Well, Franci and I did have to walk from our house to Yanamayo which took about an hour. We are used to walking the 30 minutes to Huascar so it was only anothr 30 minutes on top of that. I'm so glad we did walk there though! Ana was at her house and available to chat with us! She was so suprised and impressed that we walked just to see her. I really think this was God's plan to show her we are serious about being her friend. Not only did we have a nice chat with her, but also, we found out she runs a government daycare from he home called Wawa Wasi. Wawa is baby in Quecha, an ancient language still spoken in more rural areas of Puno. Ana agreed to continue meeting with us on Thursday's and she said we can come early every Thursday to help teach the kids in her Wawa Wasi about God! Glory to God that this day turned out well! It could have been a bust....walking all the way out there for nothing. But God used us and opened up Ana's heart. I am incredibly excited for Ana's future and the opportunities we will have with these kids and thier families!
.
Not to us, Lord, not to us
but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness.
Psalm 115:1


No comments:

Post a Comment